CAD Introduction to CAD Rhino for Jewellery Design
- Tuition from an experienced CAD Jewellery Designer
- Online Convenient Learning | 6 Hours Private Tuition
1-Day CAD Rhino Design for Jewellery
Computer Aided Design (CAD) can be a very useful way of designing jewellery particularly as the design file created can be used to create models for casting as part of the rapid prototyping process.
On the course you'll get a feel for how designing on a computer works by seeing tutor demonstrations then by trying out a variety of jewellery design tools yourself with step-by-step tutor guidance.
By doing this you should be able to determine if designing using this method has possibilities for your style of Jewellery work and if CAD Rhino is suitable design software for you.
This 1- day course is designed to show you the basic principles of CAD design and you’ll learn via the tutors laptop.
A very helpful course to undertake, before going to the expense of buying CAD design software.
Rhino software is widely used by Jewellery Designer makers in the industry because of its versatility - but there are a variety of other really good software’s options for jewellers too.
This course is suitable for those who would like to obtain an overview of what CAD Design is, how it is used in the Jewellery Industry for Design and what its possibilities could be for your own Jewellery work.
Suitable for Jewellers only
HOW ONLINE TEACHING WORKS
The online CAD course works through free software which allows you to see the tutor’s computer screen and allows the tutor to see your computer screen. Some tutors offer tuition via Zoom as an alternative.
Through this system you’ll be able to hear the tutor and ask questions, throughout.
Students will need to download software onto their computer to allow the teaching to proceed.
See below for further information | Minimum Student requirement
Course Type & Location (When available)
Tutors & Course Fee
What is the course date?
The course date is set by you, so that you can undertake a tuition session at your convenience.
All dates / times of course sessions are subject to tutor availability.
Start time are generally 10am GMT London Time but this can be adjusted slightly to suit.
You will being using the tutors laptop complete with software for this course.
Tuition is interactive and fully guided by the tutor.
You will need to download the appropriate software onto your Computer or Laptop, see student guidelines below.
About the Course Fee
A large portion of the course fee quoted is paid to the tutor, because, it’s their expertise that you pay for.
Where there is a selection of tutors, course, fee's may vary due to individual tutor requirements for teaching.
In addition a there is a small fee for arranging your course which is included in the total course fee.
Course fee payment is required in advanced by BACS Bank Transfer invoice or IBAN for international students.
Vat/Tax is not applicable
How to Book
Make a Course Enquiry
Advise your details on the form provided. At this stage this is just an enquiry with no obligation to book.
Payment is required in advance and payments are handled safely and securely by BACS Bank Transfer invoicing (IBAN for International students.
Some courses are available to pay in instalments, whereby a non-refundable deposit is required to book your course date. Please ask for details if this is of interest to you.
Once you have booked a cancellation fee of £75* will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your course up to and including 14 days prior to the start of the course once your payment has been received.
Cancellations received within 14 days of the course date are not eligible for a refund, however you may re-arrange your course for one other date if you wish.
Should we need to cancel your course due to unforeseen circumstances we will refund your course fee in full.
* Amount is variable depending on the duration and type of the course. When you enquire, out quote reply will provide the actual cancellation amount applicable. £75 applies to a standard one day course.
ONLINE TUITION OPTION ONLY | STUDENT MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
You need ALL of these requirements to proceed with this course ONLINE
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course has been designed to benefit those who are already making Jewellery, however anyone can undertake this course its content is an introduction to the subject of Design using CAD Rhino
1. To allow the tutor to teach you interactively, you will need to download software onto your computer. Our tutors use a variety of software to teach depending on your chosen course, therefore you may be asked to download software from www.mikogo.com or www.teamviewer.com or join www.Zoom.us
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD: If you have any issues with the required software downloads, your tutor will advise and guide you accordingly in advance of your teaching session.
2. You will need WhatsApp, Skype (or similar) for audio communication to ensure uninterrupted interactive tuition in real-time.
3. You’ll need to download the free 90 day trial version on CAD Rhino onto your computer. https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
4. International students – Please ensure your local time is compatible for learning with a tutor based in the UK. The tuition sessions may fall at any time between 10am and 6.30pm (UK GMT) to suit, subject to tutor availability.
5. International students – The course tuition is in English as standard. Spanish Tuition is available from Tutor Joan C (Tutor listing)