CAD | How to Design for Micro Set Jewellery
- Tuition from an experienced CAD Jewellery Designer
- Online Convenient Learning | 6 Hours Private Tuition
| POST COVID-19 PANDEMIC | Option to get this course face-to-face in a tutor's studio
How to Design for Micro Set Jewellery
As Micro Diamond and Gemstone set Jewellery increases in popularity, this course has been specially designed by a CAD Designer and Micro Setter to help you learn how to design successfully and specifically for the manufacture of this type of jewellery.
With step-by-step interactive tutor guidance the tutor will demonstrate and guide your practice of Rhino tools and design techniques for creating the perfect model for microsetting.
During the course basic microsetting techniques will be explained in order to understand the CAD design methodology fully. The tutor will provide a design model template for practise.
If you wish to use your own basic design file you will need to discuss this after booking and prior to your course to allow the tutor to prepare accordingly.
A basic knowledge of CAD Rhino is required for this course.
HOW ONLINE TEACHING WORKS
The online CAD course works through free software called TeamViewer.
This allows you to see the tutor’s computer screen and allows the tutor to see your computer screen.
Through this system you’ll be able to hear the tutor and ask questions, throughout.
Students will need to download software onto their computer to allow the teaching to proceed.
See below for further information & Minimum Student requirement
Course Type and/or Location (When available)
Tutors & Course Fee
What is the course date?
The course date is set by you, so that you can undertake a tuition session at your convenience.
All dates / times of course sessions are subject to tutor availability.
Start times are generally 10am GMT London Time but this can be adjusted slightly to suit.
You will being using the tutors laptop complete with software for this course.
Tuition is interactive and fully guided by the tutor.
You will need to download the appropriate software onto your Computer or Laptop, see student guidelines below.
About the Course Fee
A large portion of the course fee quoted is paid to the tutor, because, it’s their expertise that you pay for.
Where there is a selection of tutors, course, fee's may vary due to individual tutor requirements for teaching.
In addition a there is a small fee for arranging your course which is included in the total course fee.
Course fee payment is required in advanced by BACS Bank Transfer invoice or IBAN for international students.
Vat/Tax is not applicable
1. Choose a your date
Decide approximately when you might like your first course session to take place. (Subject to tutor availability)
2. Make a Course Enquiry
Advise your details on the form provided.
At this stage this is just an enquiry with no obligation to book.
Payment is required in advance and payments are handled safely and securely by BACS Bank Transfer invoicing (IBAN for International students.
Some courses are available to pay in instalments, whereby a non-refundable deposit is required to book your course date. Please ask for details if this is of interest to you.
Once you have booked a cancellation fee of £75* will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your course up to and including 14 days prior to the start of the course once your payment has been received.
Cancellations received within 14 days of the course date are not eligible for a refund, however you may re-arrange your course for one other date if you wish.
Should we need to cancel your course due to unforeseen circumstances we will refund your course fee in full.
* Amount is variable depending on the duration and type of the course. When you enquire, out quote reply will provide the actual cancellation amount applicable. £75 applies to a standard one day course.
ONLINE TUITION OPTION ONLY | STUDENT MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
You must have ALL of these requirements to proceed with this course ONLINE
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a basic knowledge of Cad Rhino Design to benefit from this course.
1. To allow the tutor to teach you interactively, you will need to download software onto your computer. Our tutors use a variety of software to teach depending on your chosen course, therefore you may be asked to download software from or www.teamviewer.com or join
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD: If you have any issues with the required software downloads, your tutor will advise and guide you accordingly in advance of your teaching session.
2. You will need WhatsApp, Skype (or similar) for audio communication to ensure uninterrupted interactive tuition in real-time.
3. You’ll need to download the free 90 day trial version on CAD Rhino onto your computer. https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
4. International students – Please ensure your local time is compatible for learning with a tutor based in the UK. The tuition sessions may fall at any time between 10am and 6.30pm (UK GMT) to suit, subject to tutor availability.
5. International students – The course tuition is in English as standard.