ONLINE COURSE | INTERACTIVE ONE-TO-ONE TUITION
An Introduction to Designing Jewellery with CAD Rhino
GET STARTED NOW
CAD Design for Jewellery
This course has been specially designed to help Jewellery Makers take the first steps into Designing Jewellery with CAD (Computer Aided Design)
This method of design:
- Allows for a flexible exploration of ideas
- Revision of created designs
- Creation of repetitive complex shapes
- Online Convenient Learning| 1-Day Private Tuition (6 Hours)
- Suitable for Jewellery Maker CAD Beginners (Computer Aided Design)
- Tuition from an experienced CAD Designer / Jeweller
An Introduction to Designing Jewellery with CAD Rhino
This Beginners CAD course will introduce you to the Rhino tools and commands needed in order to create basic solid shapes for designing jewellery.
Computer Aided Design (CAD) can be a very useful way of designing jewellery particularly as the design file created can be used to create models for casting as part of the rapid prototyping process.
On the course you'll get a feel for how designing on a computer works by seeing tutor demonstrations then by trying out a variety of jewellery design rendering tools yourself with step-by-step tutor guidance.
By doing this you should be able to determine if designing using this method has possibilities for your style of Jewellery work and if CAD Rhino is suitable design software for you.
This course is designed to introduce you to Rhino CAD software and how its interface works through guided design tuition.
A very helpful course to undertake before going to the expense of buying CAD design software.
Rhino software is widely used by Jewellery Designer makers in the industry because of its versatility and its compatibility with Matrix software design tools, however there are a variety of other software options for jewellers to choose from.
HOW ONLINE TEACHING WORKS
The online CAD course works through free software called TeamViewer.
This allows you to see the tutor’s computer screen and allows the tutor to see your computer screen.
Through this system you’ll be able to hear the tutor and ask questions, throughout.
Students will need to download software onto their computer to allow the teaching to proceed.
Tuition Type and/or Location (When available)
Tutors | Course Fee
& Location (When available)
What is the course date?
The course date is set by you, so that you can undertake a tuition session at your convenience.
All dates / times of course sessions are subject to tutor availability.
Start time are generally 10am GMT London Time but this can be adjusted slightly to suit.
You will being using the tutors laptop complete with software for this course.
Tuition is interactive and fully guided by the tutor.
You will need to download the appropriate software onto your Computer or Laptop, see student guidelines below.
About the Course Fee
A large portion of the course fee quoted is paid to the tutor, because, it’s their expertise that you pay for.
Where there is a selection of tutors, course, fee's may vary due to individual tutor requirements for teaching.
In addition a there is a small fee for arranging your course which is included in the total course fee.
Course fee payment is required in advanced by BACS Bank Transfer invoice or IBAN for international students.
Vat/Tax is not applicable
1. Choose a your date
Decide approximately when you might like your first course session to take place. (Subject to tutor availability)
2. Make a Course Enquiry
Advise your details on the form provided.
At this stage this is just an enquiry with no obligation to book.
Payment is required in advance and payments are handled safely and securely by BACS Bank Transfer invoicing (IBAN for International students.
Some courses are available to pay in instalments, whereby a non-refundable deposit is required to book your course date. Please ask for details if this is of interest to you.
Once you have booked a cancellation fee of £75* will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your course up to and including 14 days prior to the start of the course once your payment has been received.
Cancellations received within 14 days of the course date are not eligible for a refund, however you may re-arrange your course for one other date if you wish.
Should we need to cancel your course due to unforeseen circumstances we will refund your course fee in full.
* Amount is variable depending on the duration and type of the course. When you enquire, out quote reply will provide the actual cancellation amount applicable. £75 applies to a standard one day course.
ONLINE LEARNING STUDENT REQUIREMENT
You need ALL of these requirements to proceed with this Online CAD course
You do not need any previous CAD Design experience to benefit from this course
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course has been designed to benefit those who are already making Jewellery, however anyone can undertake this course its content is an introduction to the subject of Design using CAD Rhino
1. To allow the tutor to teach you interactively, you will need to download software onto your computer. Our tutors use a variety of software to teach depending on your chosen course, therefore you may be asked to download software from or www.teamviewer.com or join
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD: If you have any issues with the required software downloads, your tutor will advise and guide you accordingly in advance of your teaching session.
2. You will need WhatsApp, Skype (or similar) for audio communication to ensure uninterrupted interactive tuition in real-time.
3. You’ll need to download the free 90 day trial version on CAD Rhino onto your computer. https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
4. International students – Please ensure your local time is compatible for learning with a tutor based in the UK. The tuition sessions may fall at any time between 10am and 6.30pm (UK GMT) to suit, subject to tutor availability.
5. International students – The course tuition is in English as standard. Spanish Tuition is available from Tutor Joan C (Tutor listing)
IN-STUDIO COURSE TUITION
POST COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
(If Public Health England guidelines permit)
If you prefer you can undertake this course face-to-face in a tutors own studio.
Course content and duration is the same as the online course.
Course fee is the same as the online course.