How Jewellery is Designed & 3D Printed
A Journey for Creatives & Art Jewellers
- Tuition from an experienced CAD Jewellery Designer
- Online Convenient Learning| 3 Hours Private Tuition
AFTER COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Option to get this course face-to-face in the tutor's studio
A unique interactive course designed to enable makers to develop their creativity further by informing them of the possibilities that technology such as 3D printing could provide for their work.
Your 3 hour online journey is narrated and demonstrated by very experienced CAD Jewellery Designer and Maker Sebastian.
Learning how CAD technology is used to design and produce jewellery can open up a new world of exploration for Art Jewellers, Jewellery Makers and other Creatives.
3D printing can be a natural fit for Art Jewellers or Artists who wish to embrace new technologies to transform their creative story into wearable art.
This course is suitable for anyone who would like to understand how jewellery is designed and made using CAD and 3D printing for manufacture.
Creating a narrative for work via technology is possible and exciting because 3D printing allows the use of many materials such as those below.
The emphasis of this course is to explain and demonstrate the potential for CAD technology for jewellery design and production.
Carbon fibre composites ( ABS)
Precious and non-precious metals
Many other materials can also be used and united by a maker depending on the printer to craft unique wearable art.
Course Agenda| 3 Hours Online Tuition
During your 3 hour tuition session you will see design demonstrations via Matrix CAD Software, sculpture software called Sculptris and images.
Using CAD Designs and images, your tutor will narrate a story line from beginning to end describing the design and production methodology for creating jewellery.
Plenty of discussion will be encouraged about your individual ideas and their design potential using 3D printing alone or with jewellery technology.
During the course students will also work with the tutor create a very simple design with CAD in order to enhance their understanding of the technology.
Experienced Cad Contemporary Jeweller, Sebastian guides your tuition throughout.
INTERACTIVE ONE-TO-ONE TUITION
HOW ONLINE TEACHING WORKS
The online CAD course works through free software called TeamViewer.
This allows you to see the tutor’s computer screen and allows the tutor to see your computer screen.
Through this system you’ll be able to hear the tutor and ask questions, throughout.
Students will need to download software onto their computer to allow the teaching to proceed.
Minimum Student requirement
Online Course | Duration 3 Hours
- Session times to suit, subject to tutor availability
- Private tuition
COURSE FEE | From £285 GBP
What is the course date?
The course date is set by you, so that you can undertake a tuition session at your convenience.
All dates / times of course sessions are subject to tutor availability.
Start time are generally 10am GMT London Time but this can be adjusted slightly to suit.
You will being using the tutors laptop complete with software for this course.
Tuition is interactive and fully guided by the tutor.
You will need to download the appropriate software onto your Computer or Laptop, see student guidelines below.
About the Course Fee
A large portion of the course fee quoted is paid to the tutor, because, it’s their expertise that you pay for.
Where there is a selection of tutors, course, fee's may vary due to individual tutor requirements for teaching.
In addition a there is a small fee for arranging your course which is included in the total course fee.
Course fee payment is required in advanced by BACS Bank Transfer invoice or IBAN for international students.
Vat/Tax is not applicable
How to Book
Make a Course Enquiry
Advise your details on the form provided.
At this stage this is just an enquiry with no obligation to book.
Payment is required in advance and payments are handled safely and securely by BACS Bank Transfer invoicing (IBAN for International students.
Some courses are available to pay in instalments, whereby a non-refundable deposit is required to book your course date. Please ask for details if this is of interest to you.
Once you have booked a cancellation fee of £75* will be deducted from your refund if you cancel your course up to and including 14 days prior to the start of the course once your payment has been received.
Cancellations received within 14 days of the course date are not eligible for a refund, however you may re-arrange your course for one other date if you wish.
Should we need to cancel your course due to unforeseen circumstances we will refund your course fee in full.
* Amount is variable depending on the duration and type of the course. When you enquire, out quote reply will provide the actual cancellation amount applicable. £75 applies to a standard one day course.
ONLINE COURSE ONLY
| STUDENT MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
You must have ALL of these requirements to proceed with this Online CAD course
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course has been designed to benefit those who are already making Jewellery, however anyone can undertake this course its content is an introduction to the subject of Design using CAD Rhino
1. To allow the tutor to teach you interactively, you will need to download software onto your computer. Our tutors use a variety of software to teach depending on your chosen course, therefore you may be asked to download software from www.mikogo.com or www.teamviewer.com or join www.Zoom.us
SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD: If you have any issues with the required software downloads, your tutor will advise and guide you accordingly in advance of your teaching session.
2. You will need WhatsApp, Skype (or similar) for audio communication to ensure uninterrupted interactive tuition in real-time.
3. You’ll need to download the free 90 day trial version on CAD Rhino onto your computer. https://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5/latest
4. International students – Please ensure your local time is compatible for learning with a tutor based in the UK. The tuition sessions may fall at any time between 10am and 6.30pm (UK GMT) to suit, subject to tutor availability.
5. International students – The course tuition is in English as standard. Spanish Tuition is available from Tutor Joan C (Tutor listing)